Second Man Charged in Relation to Drug Interdiction
Update (26 February,2021): Police have now received and registered six charges against a second man in relation to a drug interdiction incident that took place on 21 May 2020 in the area of Spotts Beach on Shamrock Road.
The charges being presented to the court in relation to the matter are as follows:
- 2 Counts of Possession of an unlicensed Firearm.
- Possession of an unlicensed Firearm (ammunitions).
- Being concerned in the importation of Ganja.
- Being concerned in the possession of Ganja with the intent to supply.
- Illegal landing (Knowingly assisted).
A 50-year-old-man of George Town will appear in court on Tuesday 2 March to answer these charges.